Ever wanted to understand how colour works, and experiment with colours to create
unique combinations that complement surroundings?
The Colour With Confidence workshop hosted by Sarah Brangwyn, tutor and owner of
Made & Making, will give insight into the ‘rules’ of working with colour, and
will give plenty of chance to experiment and play with colour combinations –
with minimal investment and maximum return.
During the workshop, you will learn the basics of colour, as you cover:
– Primary and secondary colours
– The differences between tints, tones and shades
– How to Identify warm and cool colours
– Colour choices; achromatic, monochromatic, analogous, complementary, triadic
– Identifying colours from plain and patterned fabrics
– Identifying and working with blenders and accents
– Using colour tools
Once you’ve understood all about colour, as a class you will work on a series of
exercises, using fabric as a medium, to develop your understanding from part
1 of the day. Note there will be no sewing and you do not need to bring any materials
to the class.
You will explore colour combinations, understand how you personally feel about
them and make a record of your own interpretations of success and failure.
Finally, you will look at colour inspirations and techniques for choosing colours
for new projects. It is recommended that you bring a smart phone camera so you
can record the outcomes of the day.
What you will experience :
– Under the world of colour and how to use colour to enhance your own interiors
– Use your new-found knowledge to create colour inspirations and techniques
for choosing colours for your own projects
– The workshop starts at 10am and finishes at 3pm, and will be held in the Maiden’s
– Refreshments are complimentary (lunch is not included)
Participants must be an admission ticket holder. Tickets can be purchased at the
Visitor Centre upon arrival, or in advance via our website leeds-castle.com/visit. If you book your admission tickets
48 hours ahead of your visit, you will automatically receive an early bird discount.