We’re really pleased to announce that we’ve been awarded the Good to Go badge by VisitEngland – the National Tourist Board of England.
What does this mean and why is it great news? It means that after all the measures we’ve put in place to ensure your safety when you visit us, VisitEngland have officially recognised us as a safe destination. This is great news because now the safety systems are in place, it allows us to focus on gradually opening more attractions so that you can eventually enjoy the whole Castle as soon as we are able put safety measures in place. We will keep you updated on any reopenings via our social media pages and our newsletter, but we cannot emphasise how pleased we are to welcome you back.
We have put in the following measures to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors:
• Restricting visitor numbers
• Spreading visits with pre-booked timeslots
• Greet you from a safe distance
• Using one-way systems
• Using personal protective equipment
• Operating a cashless site
• Providing additional cleaning of facilities
• Installing new and frequent handwashing and sanitising stations
• Installing Perspex windows at our ticketing and catering points
As we gradually reopen the different parts of the Castle and grounds, we are always looking for people to join us. If you would like to see Leeds Castle from a different perspective and would like to volunteer with us, you can find out more here. These are such difficult times for everyone, and we really can’t wait for things to return to ‘normal’, but we want everyone to be able to enjoy “the Loveliest Castle in the World” and feel safe while doing so.